Finance & Office Assistant
Background / General Description:
The Middle East Investment Initiative (MEII), is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC. MEII stimulates sustainable economic activity and long-lasting job creation in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by designing and deploying finance and technical assistance programs to benefit entrepreneurs and SMEs. MEII office in Jordan has developed technical assistance programs aimed at improving the accounting and financial literacy of Jordanian MSMEs to enhance their business management and access to finance.
The position will be based at MEII’s office in Amman, Jordan.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Office assistant will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure adequate and satisfactory administrative support in place and being provided to support MEII Jordan office and operations;
- Manage procurement process in line with MEII policies and procedures;
- Maintain accurate and updated fixed asset register;
- Ensure all insurance policies are valid and effective;
- Ensure office equipment and assets are operational and well maintained;
- Ensure all administrative contracts, including HR related, are valid and effective;
- Manage petty cash transactions in line with MEII policies and procedures;
- Record all accounting transactions and supporting document in MEII’s accounting system in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Liaise with external accountant to comply with local accounting regulations;
- Manage travel logistics for all staff, including permits, reservations, visas, etc.;
- Organize logistics for events, workshops, seminars etc.;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and appointments as requested;
- Maintain holiday and office hours schedule;
- Greet office visitors, and manage phone switchboard; and
- Other duties as requested by MEII management.
- University degree in accounting or finance;
- At least 2 years professional experience in managing an office of a like organization;
- Collaborative team player; and
- Fluency in English, and Arabic with excellent communication skills.