Background / General Description:
The Middle East Investment Initiative (MEII), is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington DC. MEII stimulates sustainable economic activity and long-lasting job creation in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) by designing and deploying finance and technical assistance programs to benefit entrepreneurs and SMEs. Founded with the conviction that the path to social and political stability in the MENA region requires a sound and sustainable economic base, MEII breaks from traditional aid models and designs innovative development finance initiatives that foster economic opportunities and dignity instead of dependency.
MEII has developed technical assistance programs aimed at improving the accounting and financial literacy of Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to enhance their business management and access to finance.
The position will be based in Amman, Jordan with possible travel within the country
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Business Advisor will be responsible for a diverse range of technical functions, which include the program implementation and day to day operations. He will support the MSE to select and adopt an ERP or accounting software and bring him financial literacy and technical assistance to help him enhance his business management skills. The Business Advisor is required to effectively develop and manage relationships with numerous stakeholders, Accounting software providers, Micro and Small Enterprises (MSE), Chambers of commerce, and other entities and individuals.
S/he shall report to Program Manager.
The following are illustrative activities and responsibilities:
Provide business advisory services to entrepreneurs, may include:
- Develop a chart of accounts and configure the accounting software to meet the needs of the MSE;
- Compile reasonable historical financial statements;
- Develop financial projections;
- Develop bookkeeping and financial reporting system;
- Develop a financial strategy;
- Develop a business plan;
- Assist the MSE with the loan application process, when there is a need;
- Provide additional TA including in class training with other MSEs.
- Monitoring and follow up, may include:
- Visit the MSE, on a quarterly basis, to review and explain the financial reports and to follow up on financial strategy;
- Coach and follow-on advisory services.
- Follow up on access and use of MEIIs financial literacy trainings by MSEs
- Supervise the quality and workflow of the interns;
- Market and promote the TA program among SMEs with particular focus on female entrepreneurs;
- Networking and collaboration with other service providers and business associations;
- Any other task seen appropriate by the project manager.
- University degree with Accounting and Finance background;
- 3-5 years of experience in MSME accounting and development;
- Knowledge of credit analysis, financial analysis, ;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills particularly in Excel;
- Strong experience with MIS, ERP and accounting softwares
- Strong teamwork, written and verbal communication skills; and
- Excellent writing and reporting skills in English.
MEII is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit www.meii.us
To apply, please send your CV, and a cover letter by email to email@example.com no later than Tuesday November 10, 2022.